Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wacky Baby Knits --FINALLY!!

I loved Wacky Baby Knits by Alison Jenkins as soon as I saw it on Amazon.
The frog suit really caught my attention and I knew I would make it. I just didn't know that I would make it in 2 weeks and then take 2 months to finish it.

But then October came and I finally sewed all the buttons on this outfit. It took me a while to find 17 matching buttons I liked that didn't cost a zillion dollars. Then the thought of sewing on seventeen buttons was overwhelming and I just ignored. But now it's done in time for Halloween and winter wearing and I love it.



I only wish I could have gotten a detail shot of the hood. Ciaran was not cooperating. It definitely looks like an alligator, not a frog, but I still think it's adorable.

Here's the picture of the suit from the book. See? It's not that I made it wrong. It looks like an alligator. It's the nostrils.

Detail of bobble sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment