Tuesday, June 22, 2010

101 Designer One Skein Wonders: A Reprisal

So instead of working on new books in my library I decided to make another project out of this book. Ciaran's physical therapist is moving to Dubai so I wanted to make her a goodbye and thank you gift. I thought a nice light shawl might do the trick. There was a lovely pattern for an Oriel Lace Shawl in 1o1 Designer One Skein Wonders. However, I started it a little later than I planned and realized it wasn't going to happen. So instead I am making her a scarf in the same pattern. I chose a nice light cotton yarn, Paton's Grace in Sky. I think it's lovely and won't be too hot in Dubai's temperate weather.

Here is the work in progress.


It will definitely need to be blocked which I am a little nervous about. The first time I ever blocked anything was today and it was only a washcloth. I don't have mats and pins, oh and knowledge of technique so we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment