Saturday, July 3, 2010

Beckett's Washcloths

Ever since Beckett saw me making washcloths for Mother's and Father's Day he wanted me to make some for him. Unrelated to this a few weeks ago we were at Michael's and I was looking through the clearance yarn bin. Beckett started digging around and he pulled out this skein of yarn and said, "I want it!"

It was only $.79, plus I'm not one to turn down a yarn buying ally, so I said okay. Since it was cotton yarn it was rather fortuitous that he wanted a washcloth. This project helped me complete the book Leisure Arts# 4352 Baby Washcloths to Knit by Melissa Bergland Burnham.

I opened up this book and asked Beckett to choose a washcloth. He selected the rocking horse. It's a little tough to see as this yarn is a beige/white twist. Patterns like this are always easier to see on a solid color. But you can make it out. The pattern will pop more with use. It was less wrinkly when initially made but Beckett wanted to sleep with it last night.

Then he wanted me to make him a "B" cloth because he saw me make a letter "G" one. It's blocking right now and then I assume it will go into the bed as well. Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment