Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hats, Mittens and Scarves

I received this lovely little box of patterns a couple of years ago. In the best book club ever we always did a secret Santa draw. One year my friend Jill (of Homemade by Jill, oooooh) gave me this great set of patterns.

I made the Alpine Cable Scarf. It's basically one giant cable. The yarn I used is not my favorite. (A yucky little acrylic), but the pattern called for a SUPER bulky yarn and I didn't have much that fit the bill in my stash. I didn't have time to shop since I had to do this in a rush as a gift for someone. The Red Heart Light and Lofty has a very bumpy almost boucle texture and it really muddied the overall pattern. I would absolutely make this pattern again but NEVER with this yarn.



This is what it's supposed to look like. Depressingly dissimilar.

No comments:

Post a Comment