Sunday, August 22, 2010

Knitted Critters For Kids To Wear by Jean Adel


I loved this book from the moment I first saw it. The basic hat pattern from which all the variations are made is so easy and fast. It can absolutely be knit up in a couple of hours. The variations truly are unique and different. Sometimes in books like this they claim to have 40 patterns and when you look it's more like 10. However, all the hats look very different with their embellishments and often have various knitted pieces to complement the animal so they are different. I only made the hat I didn't complete the coordinating scarf and mittens which accompany each animal hat.

I do wish I had stiffened the fins with cardboard or something. I have a floppy fin problem that no amount of sturdy sewing is fixing.

I used safety eyes on it and their pegs are kind of long. They bump into Beckett's head and kind of distort the fabric. I'm going to try and chop them off with wire cutters or something.

Here is my gracious model. I swear he said he liked the hat.



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks!
    Skull Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete