Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Vogue Knitting on the Go! Quick Gifts by Trisha Malcolm

I knit the Fingerless Gloves for my mom. She wanted them a little longer than the pattern called for. Due to arthritis she wanted them to cover her second knuckle to insulate and soothe them. This was kind of the practice pair so I experimented with length. On one hand I knit 4 extra rows on every finger. This seemed a bit much. On the next hand I knit 2 extra rounds on the pinky, 4 extra rounds on the ring finger, 5 extra rounds on the middle finger, 4 extra rounds on the pointer finger, and three extra rounds on the thumb. I stuck with the slip stitch pattern although I only knit them in one color. You can see a subtle pattern though.At some point in time I'll need to weave in all those ends. It's a depressing prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment