Friday, May 7, 2010

The beginning

First of all, although the comparison may be tempting, please don't Julie/Julia me. Thanks to Christmas and taking surveys for money and a very surprising win at a March Madness pool I have recently come into a lot more knitting books. My library is growing and I take great comfort in that fact as I love books of all kinds. However, I worry that I will acquire these books and they will do nothing but adorn my shelf. This would make me sad and also give my husband the opportunity to tell me to stop buying books I'm not going to use. (Okay he's actually very forgiving and blissfully oblivious to the Amazon and Knitpicks packages that come rolling in.) So I have decided that I'm going to knit one project from every book I own. This will take more than a year. I don't know how long this will take and I fully intend to keep on adding books I love. I have no order other than desire. I will also try and use as much stash yarn as possible in order to minimize cost and clear out the old bins. I'll list my books in alphabetical order but I'll tackle them as I feel. I won't be knitting anything out of my stitch encyclopedias or help books because, well, they're not pattern books and I'm not going to start inventing patterns. Although I may be such an expert after this project that I could. As soon as the mother's day gifts are finished I am going to start. I was going to try and sneak in a couple of projects I made this month and count them. I'm not sure. I may still do that. I've been thinking about this concept for a while but perhaps a project that predates would be cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment