Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Trendy Duo

(First of all I can't take credit for this awesome picture. This was actually the photo used on a website selling this item. Classy, eh?)

I am currently in the middle of making the vest from the set "A Trendy Duo" (the other half of the set is a not so trendy cardigan). It's from a booklet, Bernat 1201. I have no idea where I got this booklet from. Probably freecycle. Most of the patterns are typical out of date 80's ugos, but the sweater vest I'm making is a mock cable pattern and pretty cute. It's actually the vest on the cover. Yes, I realize it's probably a girl baby wearing it on the cover, but the instructions do have the option of sewing the center of the V neck right over left for girls, or left over right for boys. (Do people still care about which side things button on? Evidently knitters do. So much for pretending knitting is hip now and not just a bunch of old ladies. If I hadn't just read that in the pattern I'd have no idea which side is which.) To make it even more girly I'm making it out of some purple yarn I have kicking around. It had no bands on it and I got it free like 3 years ago at a church knitting night and I needed to use it up. I don't think it looks bad, but I do think I might put some manly buttons on the vest to butch it up when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment